FFA Week

The tractors brought on tractor day.

Allie Burgess, Reporter

The week of February 17-21 was FFA week at Belmont. Students enjoyed various activities.  From milk chugging to Bring Your Tractor To School Day, it was a success. Along with the various activities, students also partook in dress-up days.  These included the following the themes; America, dressing like a farmer, camouflage, blue and gold, and flannel day.

The winner of the milk chug was Christopher Engelke, he drank a glass of milk in under 3 seconds – TWICE!  Although it was a bit chilly on the day of the egg toss, Maggie Voigts and I (Allie Burgess) won, reaching the farthest distance. On Friday, there were 5 tractors brought to school; both open and closed cabbed.

Most exciting of the days was Friday.  Students got to bring their tractors to school and the middle and high school students received free ice cream treats during RTI. Even though Friday was bitter cold, students still agreed that it was the most looked forward to activity day.

FFA week is a great opportunity for students to partake in various fun activities, and rep the new FFA apparel. Junior Hailey Barth told me, “FFA week was fun.  The only thing I would change is I would have had the milk chug [contest] be done with calf bottles.  Also, getting ice cream was enjoyable.”